Saturday, January 15, 2011

An Exciting Find

Good news for the variety options for Dark Days Challenge meals arrived today!  Well, okay, I learned about this a couple weeks ago, but today I actually saw it with my own two eyes.

The Ithaca Farmer's Market started a Winter market! Yippee! The little bug and I went down town today to check it out. We came home with:
  • A belly full of apple, courtesy of the generous, happy man selling apples and cider
  • 6 oz of dried oyster mushrooms
  • leeks
  • carrots
  • a Kozzak Kholrabi (can't wait to try this - I really wonder how tender it will be this time of year?!)
  • a bulb (? is that what you call it?) of Celeriac, somthing I've never even heard of before learning more about seasonal foods
  • a block of local Gouda-style cheese
  • a big bag of lovely baby spinach
I'm so excited to find another source of local foods for the winter, and am looking forward to making potato leek soup soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to get feedback from you on my posts - please feel free to leave a comment! [Blogger's comment feature is a little confusing. To leave a comment with just your name, select "Name/URL" in the "Comment as" box and fill in at least your name.]