- I love love love to play in the kitchen with new foods and new ways of preparing them, but sometimes really simple meals can be just perfect - both in the timing of your day/evening, and in their simple, hearty, satisfying flavors.
- The wine pictured at right is really really good.
- The Bug has been spotted eating something green. As in a vegetable. We are so excited.
- In this week's Cooks Illustrated newsletter, there was a link to, of all things, a video recipe for Penne alla Vodka. It looks like I did pretty well with my sort of made up recipe!
- I've started reading this great book by Michael Ruhlman called Ratio: The Simple Codes Behind the Craft of Everyday Cooking, and I'm loving it.
Today was farmer's market day again, and I finally remembered to take my camera. Again, my pictures are really poor, but it gives a bit of an idea of what the Ithaca Farmer's market has to offer in the winter! While there I also ran into some friends we met this summer through Warm Showers and some others from Jillian's Drawers - how fun to see them again! It was almost like I knew people in this town or something!!